Dear People of Goodwill:
For the growth of humanity toward love and unity, I believe the following suggestion is an idea whose time has come for implementation and fruition!
In each public school around the world, there should be mandatory education on the Oneness of Humanity and the Soul within man, which is a ray of divinity from the One Creator. Children/youth — should be taught how to contact their soul, how to expand their soul light and wisdom. This simple act will do much to dispel the illusion of separateness, the cause of wars and do away with greed and selfishness. This is something each of us can think, meditate, visualize on. It is practical and in reality, truth.
This course will not be about a particular religion, which often causes friction and arguments but on the unity of life and the respect each of us should give each other no matter which religion they choose to worship. We are all one, and the color of "blood" runs red through all of our veins, no matter what the outward color. The innerman is one color.
We find in the Introduction of the book, Education in the New Age, by Alice Ann Bailey, the following:
"Education must meet the needs of the human spirit. It must assist persons to develop a satisfactory personal philosophy and sense of values; to cultivate tastes for literature, music and the arts; to grow in ability to analyze problems and arrive at thoughtful conclusions."
"The broad purpose of the Advancement of Learning (to use Bacon's phrase) is to throw light on four basic questions of human existence:
- What is man?
- What kind of physical universe (cosmos) is it that man inhabits?
- By what processes of evolution did the human species emerge from the matrix of nature so that man could become the self-conscious and creative individual he now is?
- Knowing something about the cosmos and about human nature, what is the best kind of society for man's progressive self-evolution?
"In seeking answers to these questions and providing students with the stimuli and data necessary to the formulation [xii] of their own answers, the instructors in the Department of Unified Studies will not pose as experts in integration. Along with interested students, the faculty members will be seekers after synthesis. To illustrate the type of courses contemplated, the following possibilities are suggested:
- The Sociology of Knowledge.
- The Interrelationships of Religion, Philosophy, Science and Art.
- Information Theory, Cybernetics and Semantics.
- The History and Philosophy of Science.
- The History and Presuppositions of the Democratic Theory of Government (Ideology).
- Contributions of Biology, Sociology and Psychiatry to Human Welfare and Progress.
- The Unity of Knowledge.
- The Evolution of Value Systems from Primitive Culture to Modern Industrial Civilization."
This "philosophy" is nothing new. Philosophers such as Plato, Socrates, Pythagoras and others all taught about the Soul and the oneness of life, something we must get back to teaching and emphasizing to our youth from an early age for the sake of humanity's evolution and continued growth towards wholeness and healing.